Applications should be currently attending a Blaine County School and be in grades 9-11. The deadline to submit your application and letter of recommendation is April 15th. You can email your letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the position or the process, please don't hesitate to call Mary Fauth at 788-7863. Here's a description of the position:
Youth Advocate Position Requirements & Responsibilities
- Serve a 13 month term to begin May 15 and end June 15
- Currently be a Blaine County student in grades 9-11
- Attends at least two-thirds of the regularly scheduled board meetings & related important meetings. Meetings are held the last Tuesday of every month.
- Gives or fundraises in an amount of personal significance, through donated product or services or by participating in a race effort as a Solemate
- Serves on either the Program, Community 5k, Fundraising, or Board Development committee
- Volunteers for & willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly & on time
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares her/himself well for meetings, and reviews & comments on minutes & reports
- Gets to know other board committee members and builds collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus
- Stays connected with the program by attending at least one practice or another event with program participants each fall and spring season
- Inform others about the organization
- Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies
Personal characteristics to consider:
The candidate’s individual values align with the core values of Girls on the Run:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
The candidate has an ability to listen, analyze, think clearly and creatively, work well with people individually and in a group.
The candidate possesses the following traits: honesty, sensitivity to and respect for differing views, a friendly, responsive and patient approach, community-building skills, personal integrity, concern for the development of Girls on the Run, a sense of humor..