Girls on the Run: What Sets Us Apart:
· Girls on the Run is the only national physical-activity based positive youth development program for girls with compelling evidence of program impact.
· It is our research-based curriculum, trained coaches and a commitment to serve all girls that sets us apart as an exemplar PA-PYD program.
Girls on the Run: Why it Matters
· Girls’ self-confidence begins to drop by age 9.
· 50% of girls ages 10 to 13 experience bullying such as name calling and exclusion at a time when peer relationships become more central to girls’ lives.
· Physical activity levels decline starting at age 10 and continue to decrease throughout adolescence.
Girls on the Run: National Movement
· Girls on the Run serves over 200,000 girls annually in grades 3-8 spanning all 50 states.
· Program goals of life skills learning and social, psychological, and physical development are achieved through the efforts of 51,000 trained volunteer coaches each year
· Girls on the Run hosts the world’s largest 5K series by number of events with over 330 events per year, the culminating goal of the 10-week curriculum.
· Girls on the Run has served over 1.4 million girls over its 21-year history