Girls on the Run Board of Directors Application
A Girls on the Run® Board Member must possess a passion for and commitment to improving the lives and opportunities of girls in third through eighth grades. The Girls on the Run program provides a safe and interactive way to learn about healthy living which includes an introduction and education on important topics such as goal-setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect, while training for a 5K event. The innovative curriculum teaches girls to listen and open up while also encouraging them to commit to a healthy lifestyle, and harness the inner strength that they possess. Our important mission is accomplished by giving girls the tools to make positive choices for a healthy body and mind, while reducing the many risks they face today.
Board Member Job Duties
- Serves as a Director for a term of two years for a maximum of three consecutive terms. Can be reconsidered for board member appointment again after a one-year period of time.
- Attends at least two-thirds of the regularly scheduled board meetings & related important meetings.
- Gives or fundraises, through donated product or services or by participating in a race effort as a Solemate, annually $500 to the organization.
- Serves on at least two of the following committee or elected board position: President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, Fundraising/Development Committee, Board Development Committee, Program Committee, 5k Committee, and Lunafest Committee.
- Makes a serious commitment to participate actively in Board work
- Volunteers for & willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly & on time
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares her/himself well for meetings, and reviews & comments on minutes & reports
- Gets to know other committee members and builds collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus
- Is active in committees, annual evaluation, and planning efforts
- Participates in fundraising for the organization and makes a personal donation on an annual basis
- Stays connected with the program by attending at least one practice, the 5k, or another event with program participants each seaso